Disclaimer, Privacy Statement and Complaints Procedure
In this disclaimer we have indicated how we deal with your personal details and the information on our website. You will also find the Privacy Statement and the Complaints Procedure here.
Rutgers has a copyright on the information on this website, such as texts, research, graphics and visual material. You cannot just use this, for example by publishing, distributing or storing it elsewhere. You can request permission in writing via our contact form. When using the information, always state the source, please. However, you are allowed to store this information for personal purposes.
Responsibilities and liabilities
In what ways do we collect digital personal details?
- Rutgers tries to keep the information on this website correct and up-to-date. However, there is a possibility that information has become obsolete or incorrect after a certain period. Therefore, no rights can be derived from the content of the website.
- Furthermore, Rutgers cannot be held responsible for the consequences of the use of the information on this website by you or people to whom you have forwarded this information, in any way whatsoever.
- This website provides access to other websites and information sources that are maintained by third parties. Rutgers has no influence on the content of this and therefore, cannot be held responsible.
Through various Rutgers websites we collect personal details in different ways. For example:
What do we do with these digital personal details?
- via submission forms;
- when you sign up for a newsletter;
- via Google Analytics (anonymous data via cookies);
- on photos of meetings;
- via social media buttons;
- via embedded content from, for example, YouTube.
Rutgers sets great store by handling your personal details carefully and confidentially.
Personal details that you share with us via an application form or other submission form are used to carry out our services properly. We do not share this information with third parties. These details are stored in the CMS system of our websites and sometimes via the secured servers of Rutgers.
Data regarding the newsletter
When you have signed up for a newsletter from Rutgers, your details will be stored in Mailchimp, our system for sending newsletters. We do not share this information with third parties and do not use it for other purposes. We retain the data In Mailchimp if you give permission for this. Under each newsletter you have the option to unsubscribe, after which we delete your data from Mailchimp.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on your computer in the form of a text file. This is aimed at making the website function better and adjusting it to the wishes and preferences of users. Cookies do not store personal details. They only remember your preferences and your interests based on surfing behaviour.
We collect data to measure and analyse visitor information from the website. We use this information to assess the effectiveness of our website and, where necessary, to adjust the site. This information is never used to personally identify visitors (neither is this possible). We use Google Analytics for this. Also:
Turning off cookies
- We have concluded a processing agreement with Google.
- We have concealed the last bit of code of the IP address so that data are collected anonymously and therefore you cannot be traced back to your IP address.
- The 'data sharing' option has been switched off.
- We do not use other Google services in combination with the Google Analytics cookies.
By adjusting the settings of your browser, you can either choose to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is placed or to refuse all cookies. Consult the help function of your browser. To turn off cookies on the most commonly used browsers:
- Internet Explorer
Rutgers is very careful with images on our websites. We always ask permission for this, usually via a permission form of visual material that we make or develop ourselves, or by buying photos with the correct rights.
Social media on our websites
At the bottom of our websites you will find buttons to share information via Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. These buttons contain codes of social media itself. They remember whether you have already logged in on this social media account. The way they deal with this is beyond the responsibility of Rutgers. You can read in the privacy statements of Facebook, YouTube and Twitter how they deal with this.
Embedded content is content that we retrieve from another website and put on our own website, such as a video from YouTube. Embedding content on our website is only done with the permission of the person responsible for this content.
If you have any questions about your personal details or wish to change personal details, please contact Rutgers
Rutgers Privacy Statement, general conditions and Complaints Procedure
- More information about the handling of personal details at Rutgers can be found in the Rutgers Privacy Statement.
- Rutgers uses the complaints she receives to be able to carry out her mission even better. That is why all complaints are taken very seriously. You can find more information about this in the Complaints Procedure.
Both the Privacy Statement and the Complaints Procedure can be found on the Rutgers.nl website